By Ariel M. Weinshanker
Hosting a retreat for your social meetup group, fitness clan, club or religious community can be a simple 10 step process, when you leave the work to Vosant Meetings & Travel!
1. Connect with us! Share your vision and any details you have considered or decided upon. If you are unsure of your attendees’ interest level and budget preferences, Vosant Meetings & Travel can arrange a custom online survey that you just have to forward to your members and friends.
We can even provide space for anyone who has their own feedback for the ideal retreat. It will be up to the decision maker to choose if the comments will be incorporated.
2. Once we have an idea of the event, including the general location or location attributes, budget or cost range and estimated number of guests, you can relax! Vosant Meetings & Travel will source Hotel and Venue options for your one-of-a-kind retreat.
We will hone in on options that are in line with your Vision. If you have members coming from all over the world, we will focus on destinations that are near major airport Hubs. If your attendees love a certain type of fitness equipment, we can seek out locations with such machines on site, or those which can accommodate bringing in such gear at the group’s expense. And if your guests follow strict dietary guidelines, we can focus on places that can accommodate such needs. Just let us know and we will include it in your Vision board.
3. After Hotel(s) and/or Venues have been sourced, we will arrange your options and assist you in selecting the top three destinations that can execute your vision. We can even compile colorful details for you to share the top three options with your planning committee or Executive decision maker.
4. Once a site has been selected, it will be time for us to contract your preferred accommodations, meals, transportation and activities. Any other components will be compiled to calculate the total cost of attendance per guest. This will be one of the last times to decide on any special surprises the group would like to include in the event budget.
5. If your event website, with countdown clock, has not already debuted, it will be. This site is customizable with your group’s preferred colors, logos and verbiage, allowing us to share all the details with your attendees.
6. Vosant Meetings and Travel will create a timeline of events with you and/or any applicable planning committee member(s). This will include scheduled personalized emails for your guests. Again, all executed by Vosant Meetings & Travel on your behalf.
7. The custom event website will be updated and become bookable for your attendees. When signing up for the weekend, they will be asked for their preferences, allergies and if applicable, clothing size. If you have offered your attendees options or sessions, they will be able to select them at this time as well.
8. Any custom apparel that has not yet been designed, will be in advance of ordering. Many Reunion type groups opt to engage attendees by asking them to design apparel as part of a competition.
9. In the weeks leading up to the event, attendees will be given access to your customized mobile application and receive the pre-coordinated event emails getting them ready.
10. Vosant Meetings & Travel will work with the destination hosts and other vendors to ensure a seamless coordinated event for you and your attendees. While allowing you to take credit and enjoy an incredible retreat!
Photo Courtesy of The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
By Ariel M. Weinshanker
Home of the Vosant Meetings & Travel blog. Find travel tips & tricks, as well as details about destinations, hotels, venues, transportation and activities we are inspired by.